tcp/routing question...

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 7 21:22:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, bruce wrote:

> which is what i've been driving at...
>
> which i'm also believing is a reasonably good sized market... particularly
> if you can get homeland security to buy into the fact that terrorists are
> making $$$ with phishing/pharming scams!!

dhs doesn't care. law enforcement on thewhole is prinicipaly involved
after you lose money, not before. regulatory agencies set standards and
occasionaly enforce their implementation.

> you see matt, i've never looked at this as a purely tech issue with the
> underlying protocols... but you need some way for the avg user to really be
> able to tell.. that the site he's on, is the one he should be on.. in a
> similar vein.. you need to be able to do the same thing from the server side
> as well...

Proving identity means demonstrating uniqueness... the only reliable
methods from demonstrating uniqueness and therefore identity on the
internet revolve around strong crypto.