Filled up the filesystem. How?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jun 7 21:56:37 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 07.06.2005 schrieb Dotan Cohen um 23:39:

> Last week I wrote that I somehow filled 7 out of 10 megs in my linux
> partition. Today that last bit was filled- I am at 100% capacity.
>
> I cannot download email or create new files. What could be the cause
> of this? Where should I look for bloat? What can I delete?
>
> Dotan

This can easily be happen if log files fill very quickly. I.e. if you
have Apache running, a fault in your page and quite some hits, the
error_log can grow rapidly. So watch out for large log files.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:54:54 up 14 days, 22:32, load average: 0.38, 0.53, 0.49