Problem installing eGott on FC 2

Jon Ingason Jon.Ingason at telia.com
Wed Jun 8 07:17:00 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Are you able to get the egott src.rpm to rebuild it and get the binary
> rpm from it? That would be the clean method.

Yes, I thought so. The secon halv of my first e-mail was really result
of my effor to compile the soure and got into problem with
libmysqlclient. Here is the result of my effort to compile eGott:

[jonsi at hobbe egott-0.1]$ ./configure --with-mysql=/usr --prefix=/usr
checking mysql.h usability... yes
checking mysql.h presence... yes
checking for mysql.h... yes
checking for mysql_affected_rows in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: "mysqlclient library is required"

If I look in the config.log I have following:

...configure:3526: checking mysql.h usability
configure:3535: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql
  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql conftest.c >&5
configure:3538: $? = 0
configure:3541: test -s conftest.o
configure:3544: $? = 0
configure:3553: result: yes
configure:3557: checking mysql.h presence
configure:3564: gcc -E  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql conftest.c
configure:3570: $? = 0
configure:3588: result: yes
configure:3606: checking for mysql.h
configure:3613: result: yes
configure:3627: checking for mysql_affected_rows in -lmysqlclient
configure:3660: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include/mysql  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql  conftest.c
-lmysqlclient   -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient >&5
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function
`my_compress_alloc':
: undefined reference to `compress'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function
`my_uncompress':
: undefined reference to `uncompress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3663: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 3634 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

It does find libmysqlclient, but I am not sure why it is fussing about
"compress" and "uncompress" since they are defined in libz.a. I do not
know if the problem is really this undefined functions.

--Jon

  Else you would need to get