Re: Boot from CD when the BIOS does not support it.

Around about 08/06/05 16:32, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) typed ...
Does anyone have a canned grub.conf file I can
use to build a bootable floppy that will tell
the machine to use the cd file system as the boot device?

Not canned, but you need a grub.conf with just something like:

rootnoverify (cd0)	# not sure of syntax here, check 'info grub'
chainloader +1

That should work. I do a similar thing the other way around (boot off CD, with option to boot off HD).

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature