Re: Crazy directory thing

Robin Laing wrote:
Matthew Miller wrote:

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:05:59AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

I now know why I am having problems with a couple of things I an trying to do from the CLI. The more I think about it, the more it is a bug. I will wait until I install FC4 to see if this is still an issue.

It will be.

Bash is trying its best to do what you want -- to pretend that symlinked
directories are bind mounts (see the man page for mount, lookit "--bind").

I will have to learn about bind mounts and how to use them. This may be the best option for the other 10% of situations. Especially for various directories that are common across users such as music and movies.

This is fun. :)

Well I did some testing of the mount --bind and I find that works exactly the way I want things to be. I will try it some more from home and see what happens. Thank you for pointing me in this direction.
--
Robin Laing