Re: Stopping Apps from duplicating files with ~ appended

Brian Mury wrote:
On Thu, 2005-09-06 at 13:55 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:

when opening files with either gedit(hardly use it) or bluefish(use it
regularly), making changes, and saving, they create a 2nd file, same
name, with a ~ appended. This means duplicate files. How can I get the
apps to stop doing this.? Cheers.

Those aren't duplicate files, they are backups. When you save a file the
original is saved as a backup in case you need to undo your changes.

I think it's also got to a locking mechanism..