Re: No regression line formulas in Office.org calc

Thanks for the tips. I can't generally use the linest function as most of the data I work with are not linear, but rather log or exponential functions. I checked out the R project site and it looks interesting, though a bit esoteric for my needs and mathematical ability. Anyway I'll download their program to see if I can figure it out.

At 07:02 AM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:33:33PM -0600, Major Seery wrote:
> I'm new to Linux and am generally impressed, but disappointed that when you
> create an xy chart in calc, you can plot a regression curve but cannot get
> the formula for the curve, as you can with Microsoft Excel or Lotus. Am I
> missing something, or does anyone know another Linux program that will do
> this? I frequently need this in my work.

Not sure -- maybe this helps:
<http://www.openofficetips.com/blog/archives/2005/04/regression_anal_2.html>
?

But for other software, sounds like maybe R might be useful to you?
<http://www.r-project.org/>

-- Matthew Miller mattdm mattdm org <http://www.mattdm.org/> Boston University Linux ------> <http://linux.bu.edu/> Current office temperature: 79 degrees Fahrenheit.