Booting off of a thumb drive?

Hello, all -

I've been trying to do some research on booting off of a thumb drive. I plan to finish creating a small distribution based off of Fedora, but I'd like to boot it off of a thumb drive. However, I can't find any solid documentation on how to actually BOOT the system off of the drive.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks!
-dant