Re: i810 / i915 DRI problems on suspending / resuming (3D doesn't survive a resume)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:48:06 +0200
Botond Kardos <Botond Kardos essnet se> wrote:

[i915 drm module doesn't seem to survive resume properly, making GL apps
hang or crash]

>     Ugly workaround for now: run the non-3D applications in a VNC X-
> server and watch them over vncviewer. Upon resume just kill and restart
> your normal X, all you will lose are the apps which weren't running in
> VNC.

What I'm using right now is the small program found here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel lists sourceforge net/msg21138.html

... which at least means that I can safely run a GL application after
resuming *without* completely restarting X.  I just compiled it and
added it to my acpi suspend script.  Uglier under the hood than your
workaround, probably, but quicker in terms of what I have to do to get the
machine in a usable state after suspend.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek mindspring com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/