Re: Booting off of a thumb drive?

RoboticGolem wrote:
Everyone I've seen has a bios setting along the lines of usb-hd0 ... I dont actually know how to make the image that goes on the usb drive
tho.

On 6/9/05, dan <info hostinthebox net> wrote:

Hello, all -

I've been trying to do some research on booting off of a thumb drive.  I
plan to finish creating a small distribution based off of Fedora, but
I'd like to boot it off of a thumb drive.  However, I can't find any
solid documentation on how to actually BOOT the system off of the drive.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks!
-dant

Hey -

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I can make the machine "look" at the drive for boot instructiions, but I need a way to get the rest on the drive, and take it from there. Right now I'm jus ttaking a kernel and using some goodies I found on a few pages to put the kernel on the drive. I'm just taking shots in the dark here.

Thanks
-dant