Re: Booting off of a thumb drive?

RoboticGolem wrote:
Everyone I've seen has a bios setting along the lines of usb-hd0 ... I dont actually know how to make the image that goes on the usb drive
tho.

Uh, the easiest I know of is to create a bootable CDROM image on the thumb drive. Under FC3:

	1. Insert the thumb drive.  Unmount it if it automounts.
	2. Use fdisk to delete any partitions on the drive
	3. mkbootdisk --iso --device /dev/sda `uname -r`

In step 3, replace "/dev/sda" with whatever the device name your system
uses for the thumb drive.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-  What's small, yellow and very, VERY dangerous?  The root canary!  -