Re: custom kernel and agpgart as a module

Endymion wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm using the nvidia diplay drivers and I would like to be able to use
NvAGP on my machine. However, both the stock fedora kernel and all of
the 2.6.12.rcx+mm kernels that I have compiled do not compile agpgart as
a module.  For the custom kernels even editing the .config file manually
to set agpgart as a module does not work.  Anyone know why this is or a
way around it?
Thanks,
Endy

If you're building a custom kernel, just don't select AGP. I built a custom 2.6.11.11 and didn't build any agpgart at all. Works fine with my VIA VT600 and the Nvidia AGP driver.

Haven't tried 2.6.12 yet, looks too buggy for me.

Regards,

John