sendmail startup scripts

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jun 10 09:21:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 08:25 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:52 AM +0100 Paul Howarth
> <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
> > It's best not to edit the standard startup scripts because your edits
> > could get lost when an updated sendmail package (e.g. a security update)
> > gets installed.
>
> The desire to run additional queues is not uncommon among mail admins, so
> some enhancement to the standard script to do that would be nice. Perhaps
> something like the vncserver script which can start an array of servers?

I was thinking that a problem with this might be that each sendmail
daemon would need starting with different parameters, but the vncserver
initscript handles the equivalent of this in quite a neat way. How about
raising a Request For Enhancement of the sendmail initscript in
bugzilla?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>