Supertux is sad

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Jun 11 20:40:56 UTC 2005

Steve & Julie Croteau wrote:

>Greetings,
>Installed Supertux via yum and installation went smoothly.  I made the mistake
>of installing this on top of 2 previous Supertux installations that both
>failed.  When I try to start the game from the command line I get this:
>
>[sjc at localhost ~]$ supertux
>Datadir: /usr/bin/../share/supertux
>Warning: Unable to open the file "/home/sjc/.supertux/config" for read!!!
>Segmentation fault
>
>It also fails when I click on the game link under Applications-Games.  No
>message, no game.
>
>I've tried 'rpm -e' but I don't have the previous two rpm packages anymore so
>I just guessing when I try 'rpm -e supertux*'.
>
>Help me Spock!  Thanks,  Steve

If you did the previous installations you tried were using rpm, then rpm
-e would have done the trick. I dont think there is any clean way to do
this now. Finding out the associated files using the locate command and
removing them manually one by one is one option. Doing a clean
installation of Fedora Core 4 in a couple of days and doing yum install
supertux is another ;-)

regards
Rahul