Re: What IS reasonable disk drive temperature?

On 6/11/05, Neal Rhodes <neal mnopltd com> wrote:
> Ksensors reports temperature of a dual IDE drive mirrored system as about
> 114F on most days.    That seems to be within the manufacturers specs.
> Is that reasonable for long term health of drive?

It depends on whether that's the drive temperature or the ambient
temperature in the case.  I'd say it's pretty reasonable for the
ambient temperature (assuming it's a warm late spring where you live
iike it is here), but rather high for the drive itself.  The drives
should be running around the mid-80's.  You might try spacing the
drives out or positioning them nearer an exhaust fan if you can.
--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben steeves gmail com