Re: What IS reasonable disk drive temperature?

Ben Steeves wrote:
On 6/12/05, Tony Nelson <tonynelson georgeanelson com> wrote:

Hard drives are refrigerators, and run cooler than ambient? Sure about that?

Yes, I am.  As I said, you should put them close to an exhaust fan to
pull warm air off them.  The temperature sensors at the hard drive

The HD temperature CANNOT be lower than ambient unless there is some type of refrigeration happening. Therefore, your drives are either refrigerated or your measurements are suspect.