Re: NIS or Samba Question

This will serve mainly windows machines. I am successful in serving
files to the win 98's and win 95's at user level, however I am not able
to connect or set up a domain or log-on with the winNT 2000's. The win
2000's see the work groups but don't recognize the domain controller,
and reports a DNS error

hey,

You can create one smb.conf file for each machine.Means one smb.conf
file serving win2000 machines and other for win95 and win98.

Regards

Ankush