VOIP with a linksys PAP2

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:43:12 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 19:19 +0100, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
>

> > in terms of hardware, do I need a crossover cable?
>
> I don't know - I would suspect yes, but I don't know.
> If you do, then a hub would also work (as well as allowing other boxes
> to use your linux box as a gateway)
>
> Some linksys equipment is autosensing now and doesn't matter what cable
> you use.

I have the internet connection (802.11b network adapter) plugged into
eth0.  a hub is plugged into eth1.  the PAP2 is plugged into the hub,
and a telephone into the hub.

on boot I got a message about lost packets, but it went by too fast.
I've installed firestarter.  I need to set up dhcp, perhaps.  how do I
ping, or ipconfig the hub?

thanks,

Thufir