mail server problem(postfix)

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:56:20 UTC 2005

> You are not sending through your ISP's smart host.
>
> > How to stop my mail server to become a part of Spam World. I want to
> > test that my local mail server is getting authenticated with the ISP
> > mail server.Sasl_finger is a tool that I know shows some statistics
> > regarding this but it does not itself checks by sending a mail.Is
> > there any other tool for checking the authentication with the ISP .
>
> Check your mail log file.
>
> > We have one Public IPaddress ,NAT is configured on the ADSL Router to
> > give all the users in the LAN access to the Internet.
> >
> > In postfix/main.cf the entries for authentication as below:
> >
> > smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> > smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/passwd
>
> I would better name the password map file "sasl_passwd".

the sasl_password is sasl_passwd i wrongly put passwd.

> > smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> >
> > I have not configured TLS/SSL for postfix.
>
> You should avoid sending AUTH information unencrypted through the net.

R u talking about putting these entries in main.cf file

smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_use_tls= yes
smtpd_tls_key_file= /etc/postfix/newreq.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/postfix/newcert.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile=/etc/postfix/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
smtpd_tls_loglevel= 1
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks, reject
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks

> > The entries for passwd file are as
> >
> > ISP mailserver            username:password.
>
> Did you set "relayhost" in main.cf?

I did not set relay host in main.cf .

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover