I cannot get back to KDE

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 12:14:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 23:44, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Thanks to all who have replied and gave suggestions.
> I have already removed the Core 3 partition(s) in
> anticipation of Core 4 which should remedy this
> problem.  As soon as I can get the Core 4 disks/dvd, I
> will put this issue to rest.

Please note that disks will have about 5% of disk space held back which
can only be used by root.  If you were down to a few megabytes of space
only this could explain why root was able to run KDE/Gnome and a regular
user was not.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Against stupidity the very gods Themselves contend in vain.
		-- Friedrich von Schiller, "The Maid of Orleans", III, 6