RAID + Serial ATA on A7N8X-E Deluxe

Hi all,

I've just bought a A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and a pair of 80GB SATA
hard drives in order to mirror them (RAID 1).

In Windows 2000 it worked well (the operating system reports only one
hard drive), but in Fedora Core 3 when I type fdisk -l it shows both
disks and AFAIK it would not happen.

It seems that the 2.6 kernel is ignoring the RAID controller that is
expected to give only one disk to the operating system. I've tried
everything, including stripping (RAID 0), with no success.
The 2 disks are visible by the OS.

TIA

Rodrigo Malara
PS: sorry about my poor english