Temperature sensing and logging (was: What IS reasonable disk drive temperature?)

--On Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:10 PM +0200 Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists uni-x org> wrote:

The CPU temperature comes from sensors out of the lm_sensors package
(Core). You first have to setup sensors by running sensors-detect. Out
of my head (no guarantee), your motherboard should have a sensors chip
which is supported by lm_sensors.
The hard drive temperature can be read by hddtemp (Extras). At least if
your drive has a sensor and provides the data through S.M.A.R.T.

Slick. I know RRD (round-robin database) could be used to log that over time. Has anyone set up scripts to do that? And a nice web page to display the result?