problems with bittorrent

I have installed bittorrent and configured my firewall to allow tcp on ports
6881-6889. I followed the exact same procedure on two FC3 machines. One is
working just fine. The other just wants to download the .torrent file. I've
read several bittorrent faqs, I found four of them, and looked through the
rest of the documentation, but I can't get a solution. Does anyone have an
idea what else I could check?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA