Re: problems with bittorrent

--On Monday, June 13, 2005 3:38 PM -0400 Claude Jones <claude_jones levitjames com> wrote:

I have installed bittorrent and configured my firewall to allow tcp on
ports  6881-6889. I followed the exact same procedure on two FC3
machines. One is  working just fine. The other just wants to download the
.torrent file. I've  read several bittorrent faqs, I found four of them,
and looked through the  rest of the documentation, but I can't get a
solution. Does anyone have an  idea what else I could check?

What command line are you using?

For me, I just grab the .torrent with wget and then run:

btdownloadcurses.py --url /path/to/torrent/xxxx.torrent