FC4 vs Debian (Mepis)

I glady accept my nix overlords, and beg a question...

Anyone wanna offer opinions of Debian(Mepis) vs FC4?
This particular n00b tried a few linux distro's before
picking Mepis 3.3.1. It was the only one to autodetect
my wifi card.

I'm a windoze user looking for desktop alternatives. I
like apt-get and a few other things, but debian seems
a little behind the curve sometimes. ex: don't have
packes for OpenOffice Beta.

-j

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html