Re: RAID Recovery

Am Mo, den 13.06.2005 schrieb Jason Hoffert um 22:40:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
 -> 1. NO HTML MAIL, PLEASE

> I had setup software RAID on my Fedora Core 3 box with 3 RAID1
> partition sets. Well, one of my SCSI drives failed. I have now
> replaced the HD, and the server is up but how do I rebuild the arrays?
> I’ve looked into raidtools and it seems with raidhotadd it would be
> easy, but that’s not part of Fedora. Is there any quick and easy
> command using mdadm that will repartition the new drive and re-create
> my arrays? Can I just install raidtools and run their utilities
> without damaging my partitions?

You do not the deprecated tools. "mdadm" can do the same.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.3

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:53:06 up 20 days, 22:30, load average: 1.31, 1.26, 1.16