FC3 up2date

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 13 22:55:44 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 14.06.2005 schrieb Steve & Julie Croteau um 0:48:

> Thanks, that's interesting.  I performed a standard install just a days ago
> and the only thing I modified was etc/yum.conf as per fedora-extras yum help
> page.  Is there a relation between that file and the RHN applet?
>
> Steve

Neither up2date nor the RHN notification applet are using yum settings
in /etc/yum.conf or below /etc/yum.repos.d/.

http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

Meanwhile a bit out of date info in this howto, but may explain some
differences. At least that up2date and yum are independent tools, just
being able to use the same repositories (ok, up2date can handle apt
too). The applet uses the settings for up2date and by default that is a
dynamic mirror selection.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:52:15 up 20 days, 23:30, load average: 1.27, 0.75, 0.72