FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 14 00:17:43 UTC 2005

clemens at dwf.com wrote:

>What is this UPnP thing?
>Is this something on a 'real' (hardware) router, or is it something I
>could set on a firewall/router running iptables???

It's a automatic way to configure port forwarding used on some routers
(like my "networkeverywhere" [AKA linksys] router).. The same thing can
always be done by simply going to the administration interface and
manually typing the rules. Or in iptables , something along the lines of
"iptables -A INPUT --dport BT_PORT -d machine_running_bittorrent -J
ACCEPT" (sorry if the syntax is wrong , but I'm on windows right now)

--
Pedro Macedo