Re: FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

clemens dwf com wrote:

What is this UPnP thing?
Is this something on a 'real' (hardware) router, or is it something I
could set on a firewall/router running iptables???

It's a automatic way to configure port forwarding used on some routers (like my "networkeverywhere" [AKA linksys] router).. The same thing can always be done by simply going to the administration interface and manually typing the rules. Or in iptables , something along the lines of "iptables -A INPUT --dport BT_PORT -d machine_running_bittorrent -J ACCEPT" (sorry if the syntax is wrong , but I'm on windows right now)

--
Pedro Macedo