Re: The truly global internet

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:30:50PM -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

The most interesting thing is the location of the peers. In the info
below the command host <ip-address> gives the URL for the specified IP
address. Visible countries are:
si: Slovenia
it: Italy
au: Australia
The other sources, net and edu, are probably though not necessarily
North American.
Truly the internet is global.

Also "truly bittorrent needs some work on not wasting bandwith pointlessly". :)

Yep . That is trully global. You should use a client like azureus , with the plugin to show the country codes/flags.. You'll see some flags you've probably never seen :P

As for the bandwith waste , it's really an issue.. One of my friends just measured it and on a 50KB/s transfer (I dont recall if it was download or upload) , he had an extra 30KB/s of message exchange made by the protocol...

--
Pedro Macedo