Dual Boot Problem

Jessica L. Veltman veltjes at iit.edu
Tue Jun 14 05:51:40 UTC 2005

As seems to be the trend with Fedora, I am once again having problems
with dual booting with XP. I love Fedora, and have installed every main
release, but have never gotten dual boot to work right the first
install. This time though, it isn't the usual problem. I got all the way
through the installation process, until I had to restart my computer. At
which time, my computer restarted straight into windows. No grub,
nothing. Not even an error. I installed GAG, and it can see the Fedora
partitions (which are on a seperate drive from my windows install), but
it cannot boot them. It says that it cannot find the boot sector.
I would truely love to run only Fedora, and tried it for awhile, but my
school requires windows for some very specific software that WINE won't
run. Also, I'd prefer to use the 64-bit version, which as far as I know
still doesn't have Flash or Java support for the 64-bit browsers.
Granted, I could always install the 32-bit browsers, but it would be
nicer to not have to do that. But basically it comes down to I have to
dual boot or not use Fedora, and its not working for me right now. Has
anyone else had this problem or know how I might fix it? Thanks!

-Jessie