LDAP authentication on FC3

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 08:50:48 UTC 2005

Mark wrote:
> Ok, that indeed seems to be the problem.
>
> But even though "ssl no" works when using "host 192.168.1.20", it does not work when I use "URI ldap://192.168.1.20"
>
> Why is this? What's the difference in how the two parameters are processed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MARK

I noted something along those lines when I was setting up our LDAP server. I
noted that I needed to have a 'host IP' to get LDAP to work. I never went
into any detail to trace the problem. I have no idea what the difference is
between them, or why one would work and the other not, I just went with what
worked.

I've just tried removing the 'host IP' line from my RHEL AS4 evaluation
system and it works using the 'URI' value.  So something has changed, either
in openldap, or pam_ldap/nss_ldap.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555