Trying to write iso images to CD

Steven Shaw rockthing at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:01:44 UTC 2005

Have you tried the '-dao' or '-data' options?

I had a lot of trouble burning my FC3 iso until I used the '-data' option
out of desparation.
I was having DIFFERENT trouble than you, though, so this may not be your
solution.

It seems like you wouldn't need '-data',
but after adding '-data' I burned them all with no problem.
Actually,
I added both -doa and -data
and ran cdrecord from a terminal with no X
and with no X running anywhere else to reduce traffic on the scsibus.
The last precaution may have been purely superstitious.

My method was not very scientific
as I changed all three of the above parameters at once, but
I was getting sick of throwing away cdrs.
The -dummy mode would work sometimes!

I have an MMC drive, so the -doa was supported.

good luck! SOMETHING will make it work.

-S

http://www.busaichedelic.org

Love is the Law. Love Under Will.