Re: Migrating /home from FC3 to FC4

Brendan McEnaney wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Sorry, I meant this for a fresh install.

Choose not to format your /home partition during install. I've done a number of fresh installs leaving /home and /usr/local intact. I also have a couple of large data storage partitions (/honker and /godzirra) that I leave intact as well. Just format '/', '/boot', '/usr' and 'swap'.

I ought to add that the above assumes /home is a separate partition and not hanging off of '/'.

-- B r e n d a n M c E n a n e y http://www.speakeasy.org/~mcenaney B o s t o n M a s s a c h u s e t t s