Sha1sum for Windows

Basil Copeland blcjr2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:05:39 UTC 2005

On 6/14/05, Rahurkar, Mandar <Mandar.Rahurkar at scr.siemens.com> wrote:
> I downloaded FC4 and need to verify the checksum on windows..is there sha1sum for windows..

Since it hasn't been mentioned, may I suggest "dssha.exe" which you can find at

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/freeware/

Dariusz Stanislawek has some incredibly efficient and neat crypto and
hash software.  dssha.exe is a whopping 7 kb.  Just put it on your
desktop.  Then, in the Windows environment, just drag your ISO file
and drop it on the icon for dssha.exe.  In a couple of minutes, and
window pops up with the sha1sum.  It couldn't be easier.