Re: fedora dvd install problem

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 12:31 -0400, gerald quon utoronto ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install fedora core 4 via dvd.  The installation runs fine
> until the installer asks what media i want to install from, and then it can't
> recognize my dvd - it keeps spitting it back out and says it can't find the
> fedora cd (is it a dvd vs. cd problem?).  I've downloaded the dvd iso several
> times and burned from several dvds, and I also actually had the same problem
> with FC3 as well.   Any help would be appreciated,

The most common error is burning the iso file to to DVD in contrast to
making a disk copy. In k3b this is "burn DVD ISO image."

Did you boot from the DVD?

BTW, I installed from the DVD. Media check fine. Install fine.

--
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
      * RBLDNSD HowTo:          http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm