Re: BitTorrent issues with FC4 isos

Ben Steeves wrote:
On 6/14/05, Jared Buck <JBuck814366460 aol com> wrote:

I'vve tried everything I can think of, and right now, BT in my opinion is
just not very efficient at downloading ANYTHING. At my current speed it will
take 8 DAYS to finish downloading the FC4 isos, and that isn't acceptable to
me.  These slow speeds are the only reason I currently have a very big
dislike of BT.

Talk with your ISP... maybe they're blocking/filtering ports.

Investigate.  NMAP your machine from the outside and see if ports
6881-6899 are open.  It doesn't sound like they are.

Sounds more like they are mitigating traffic on those ports. They are allowing them, but at only at bandwidth x on those ports. This is usually done using mitigating appliances within the headend/ISP.