Preparing my system for upgrade to FC4 / Tip: buy a new disk

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 14 19:41:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 20:49 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Di, den 14.06.2005 schrieb Paul Howarth um 9:14:
>
> > Do dump and restore correctly handle SLlinux file contexts these days?
> >
> > Paul.
>
> Dear Paul,
>
> there was a long thread about backup tools on the CentOS list these
> days, too discussing dump & restore, so I took your question and asked
> it there:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-June/007274.html

Thanks; the backup system I use at home (bacula, which is modelled on
Legato NetWorker, which I use at work) doesn't currently handle this as
far as I know, but I expect it won't be long (the Win32 client supports
NTFS extended attributes so it shouldn't be an architectural-level
change).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>