Updates?

Jesse Jarzynka jesse at jessejoe.com
Tue Jun 14 19:45:50 UTC 2005

Matt Morgan wrote:

>On 6/14/05, Jesse Jarzynka <jesse at jessejoe.com> wrote:
>

>>Hey, anyone have any good apt sources.list repositories or a better way
>>to get packages? I was able to get bmp (beep media player) with yum, but
>>not bmp-mp3. Any ideas for genereal updating? -Jesse
>>

>If you haven't already, go to http://fedorafaq.org and set up yum the
>way they recommend.
>
>With the mp3 packages, you need to set up special repos that are not
>directly fedora/redhat-operated, since mp3 isn't free. Fedorafaq.org
>suggests a tried-and-true way to handle that.

Isn't that only up to core3 so far? I tried using that yum.conf they
give but i get:

[root at jesse etc]# yum check-update
Repository extras already added, not adding again
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.