Re: BitTorrent issues with FC4 isos

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Ben Steeves wrote:

On 6/14/05, Jared Buck <JBuck814366460 aol com> wrote:
 I'vve tried everything I can think of, and right now, BT in my opinion is
just not very efficient at downloading ANYTHING. At my current speed it will
take 8 DAYS to finish downloading the FC4 isos, and that isn't acceptable to
me.  These slow speeds are the only reason I currently have a very big
dislike of BT.

Talk with your ISP... maybe they're blocking/filtering ports.

or like many ISP's now days using layer 7 technology to stop the rapers of the bandwith with there pirating movies etc etc etc

FTP is better choice.

Investigate. NMAP your machine from the outside and see if ports 6881-6899 are open. It doesn't sound like they are.

-- Cheers Res