BitTorrent issues with FC4 isos

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 14 22:21:21 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 14 Jun 2005 22:34, Res wrote:
> > Investigate.  NMAP your machine from the outside and see if ports
> > 6881-6899 are open.  It doesn't sound like they are.

I've never used BitTorrent before, but I just installed it on my older PC,
read the instructions about opening the required ports, and found that
Firestarter has a named policy specifically for use with BitTorrent. Thanks,
Tomas, for making it so easy.

Started it running maybe half an hour ago and it says it's got about 44 hours
to run with 1.4% completed. I'm not in a desperate hurry to get my CDs burned
- need to get a faulty power supply replaced before I can build a machine to
install it to - but it will be interesting to see how long it takes the
Torrent to get the files so soon after the new FC4 distribution has been
released.