Re: FC3 "read only file system" after Ubuntu install

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
One more interesting thing to note is that qtparted under knoppix can
see everything, no trouble, strange since parted can't. So using the
/dev/hdb1 format I can see where each bit it.

Thanks for the help so far Phil

Duncan

Just a thought - and I'll admit I've jumped in late,

but I've seen some SATA controllers come up as sd(x) hard disk devices, not hd(x) devices.

Just in case you're using SATA. And maybe worth a check even if you're not.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward tripled iinet net au
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749
tel;home:(08) 9397-0547