FC4 install to external hard drive

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 04:00:13 UTC 2005

Hey everyone,

I recently got an external HD (enclosure + internal disk).  I've been
wanting to try installing to the external drive to see how it works,
so I thought I'd try with FC4.  I get to Disk Druid and it will only
show my internal HD on my laptop.  The external HD is very much
visible to the system as I can do an fdisk -l from the shell and see
it there.  I have to tell DD where to install, though, so how can I
get DD to see (or show) the external HD?  Anyone have any ideas?  And
let's try to avoid flames about the relative merits of DD and fdisk :
).  The disk is fully partitioned and all, I just need to tell Fedora
where to install itself.
This is FC4 x86_64 for the record.

Jonathan