FC4: problem with i8k and KDE

Hi,
I have just upgraded to FC4 and encountered the problem with i8k module
and KDE on Dell D660 laptop. If the module is started before KDE, then
the sound level is being constantly lowered. That is even if I use
"alsactl restore" the sound level goes to zeor within about a second. I
also can't remove i8k module while KDE is running. If I unload the
module with KDE not running, then start KDE, the sound is OK,
furthermore, I can load i8k with no problem. Logging out and in again
will bring the problem back.

Any ideas on what can be wrong?

Yuri Shirman
--
Yuri Shirman <shirman korablik dyndns org>