rhn-applet again

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 15 07:08:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 23:17 -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> > What do you mean? There are updates for FC4, even though it may be
> > surprising. See:
> >
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
> >
> > There is the plan to have just yum there in future and to drop up2date
> > together with the applet, maybe with FC5 shipment. I think a visual
> > "thingy" would then be helpful though.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Let me rephrase. The applet showed the system up2date when their were
> updates available. The applet should have been red with an exclamation.

Is this an upgraded system or a freshly-installed one? If you've
upgraded to FC4 then you probably want to
copy /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

This will make up2date use the repos defined in /etc/yum.repos.d and
should reduce the out-of-sync issues between yum and up2date
significantly.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>