ipw2200 on FC4 problems

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Wed Jun 15 10:14:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:09:23AM +0100, Arif Ali wrote:
> I have had similar problems with FC3, I am assuimg you are having the
> same problem as me, I just downloaded the latest firmware and drivers
> from the the ipw2200 website, and compile the drivers into the kernel.

Downloading the firwware is enough. The kernel have version 1.0 of the
driver already. You need to untar it into /lib/firmware.

Make sure you get the firmware for version 1.0 of the driver. That's the
one in the FC3/FC4 kernel.

Maybe also get the later firmware for when the kernel driver gets
updated so that the wireless card will come up with the new kernel.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312