Re: Cyrus imapd and/or db4 badly broken on FC4

Nathan Grennan wrote:

Look at the bug report's comments now. I posted a link which has instructions that might fix the problem.

They do indeed! This is how it translated to FC4 for me:

# service cyrus-imapd stop (the old FC3 RPM)
# yum install compat-db (actually I already had this)
# db42_checkpoint -v -1 -h /var/lib/imap/db
# db42_recover -v -h /var/lib/imap/db
# rm -vf /var/lib/imap/db/log.*
# yum update cyrus-imapd (getting the FC4 RPM from Extras)
# service cyrus-imapd start

Thanks, Nathan!

Pim