Re: PXE boot disks

As an addendum, here's a link to a PXE installHOWTO. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how accurate the writeup is.

http://www.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/PXE-Kickstart.html

-David

On Jun 15, 2005, at 11:07 AM, David Nedrow wrote:

On Jun 15, 2005, at 10:42 AM, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

A somewhat silly question, but how does one go about creating a PXE boot
disk from the /images/pxeboot files since there is no .img to DD to the
floppy? Can anyone give me some pointers?

Is there such a thing as a PXE boot disk? I thought PXE was a wholly hardware/network based booting method.

IE., if the hardware (BIOS and NIC) supports PXE, then that's all you need to boot that machine from the network.

-David