Problems starting samba

FC4

[root ~]# service smb start
Starting SMB services: /etc/init.d/functions: line 83:  3591 Aborted
   $nice $*
                                                                      [FAILED]
Starting NMB services:                                     [  OK  ]

Line83 in "functions" : daemon() {

I'm not very familiar with nice or shell scripting, so I'd definitely
be interested in hearing what the problem is (or more specifically,
what I'm doing wrong!).