Re: :( FC4 missing apps

On 6/15/05, Frank Pineau <frank pineaus com> wrote:
> *sob*
> No checkinstall, no mplayer, Evo is crazy flaky, etc.
>
> Anyone have a decent checkinstall alternative?  I can obviously compile
> software like mplayer from source, but I'd prefer to have it installed
> as an RPM, and checkinstall doesn't seem to want to work under FC4.

Mplayer has never been provided in FC because of patent/licensing
restrictions.  I suggest you try rpm.livna.org or freshrpms.net before
you go building from source.

I agree that Evo is a little flakey though.

Why do you need Checkinstall if you install everything from RPMs?

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben steeves gmail com