Re: SELinux on single-user box?

Ben Steeves wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm not trying to start a flamewar or anything, this is an innocent question:

Is there any compelling reason to run SELinux on a home system that is
mainly "single-user" if you are running a well-configured firewall
with almost all services turned off or filtered?

I notice a lot of posts (the NVidia driver one most recently) that
report problems going away when SELinux is disabled.  I don't enable
it on my home machine for this very reason.

Ben,

SELinux is not necessary on ANY configuration. We've lived without it before :) It is highly recommended, because its ANOTHER level of security, but if its just a box at home, I wouldn't worry about it so much.

-Phillip